Researching where to turn for the current, most dependable info on COVID-19, specifically as it relates to seniors and those who provide caregiving assistance for them, is very important – and can be difficult. Because of so many resources and various viewpoints on this earth-shattering situation, we wanted to help make it easy to locate what you need by sharing the following list of trusted resources.
- COVID-19 Guidance for Seniors: The CDC’s COVID-19 Guidance for Older Adults web page includes a great deal of important information, including help determining who is at higher risk, signs and symptoms, information on how to take care of yourself, a checklist for your house, stress and anxiety coping advice, and so much more.
- Comprehensive Frequently Asked Questions List on Caregiver COVID-19 Issues: DailyCaring, an award-winning website focused on caregivers, created a commonly asked questions page to provide answers to lots of questions, such as safeguards to take when visiting a senior’s home, simple tips to sanitize packages, proper handwashing techniques, and much more.
- NAHC COVID-19 Senior Care Tips: The National Association for Home Care & Hospice advocates for the scores of older adults who receive in-home care, and for individuals who provide that care. Their COVID-19 information page provides articles, webinars, interactive tools, and much more.
- Coronavirus: What Older Adults and People With Disabilities Need to Know: ACL provides information on what older adults and people with disabilities need to be aware of to reduce the risk of getting and spreading the disease, in addition to warning signs and symptoms, state-by-state guidelines, and a thorough list of federal and non-federal resources.
- AARP Answers Commonly Asked Questions About COVID-19: AARP provides an ongoing bulleted list of the current news linked to COVID-19, plus what seniors can do to minimize their chance of contracting it and answers to a number of common questions.
- Caregiver-Specific Articles and Resources on COVID-19 Safety: The Family Caregiver Alliance publishes caregiver-specific resources and information that can help family caregivers improve the protection of the seniors in their care.
For many more resources to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, and for safe, trustworthy, in-home care to improve wellness and comfort for the older adults you love, call on Effraim Home Care today. Adhering to a strict protocol to ensure the safety of the seniors we serve, we can help with a wide range of essential services, including:
- Shopping for groceries and running other errands, to allow older adults to stay safe in the home
- Preparing nourishing meals
- Companionship to relieve isolation and stress through conversations, movies, hobbies/interests, games, puzzles, and more
- Keeping the home thoroughly clean and sanitized
- Medication reminders
- Specialized care for people diagnosed with dementia
- And many others
Reach out to the experts in senior care in Philadelphia, PA and the surrounding area at Effraim Home Care by calling (215) 826-7422 for a consultation in the safety and comfort of your home, to learn how we can assist your senior loved ones, and for additional trusted senior resources.