As we get older, it’s normal to begin to struggle with difficulties with daily activities, like showering, dressing, fixing meals, and even driving a vehicle. This can lead to concerns that we may need to give up not only our autonomy, but our home on top of that. Yet there is encouraging news: home care services, such as those provided by Effraim Home Care, can help actually increase senior independence for aging adults and help them continue to live at home where they’re most comfortable.
And the reality is, most older adults are deciding to receive the care they need in the comfort of home. To help you better comprehend just what home care is, we’ve put together the following primer on in-home senior care:
- Home care services are provided on an individual basis, leading to more personal attention than in an assisted living facility or nursing home. There is no need to have to wait your turn for care needs.
- An in-home caregiver can help promote a healthier lifestyle. Caregivers are skilled in preparing healthy and delicious meals that are appealing to the senior and can also help keep track of the amount of food eaten.
- A personalized, ongoing exercise plan can be implemented and carried out with the help of an in-home caregiver, providing the extra safety measure of having someone present during exercising.
- Home care reinforces dignity and senior independence, fundamental factors for a fulfilling lifestyle. Home care (particularly private pay home care) ensures individualized care specific to the needs of the family and older person on any given day, whether the need is as simple as companionship, or more involved, such as help with personal care needs.
- The additional benefit of accompanied transportation to and from doctors’ appointments, social events or running errands means that families have the opportunity for more quality time together.
- The recent COVID-19 pandemic brought to the forefront how detrimental senior isolation can be to both physical and psychological health. An in-home caregiver provides much-needed socialization opportunities for older adults to avoid loneliness and depression through enriching conversations and reminiscing, fun activities, participation in enjoyable hobbies and interests, and much more.
We welcome the chance to chat with you and your family more about the benefits of in-home care for seniors. If a senior you love lives in the Philadelphia area, contact us today at (215) 826-7422 to learn more about our live-in care in Philadelphia and other surrounding areas. For more details about all of the different areas we serve in Pennsylvania, please visit our Locations Served page.