Recognized as one of Montgomery County’s oldest communities, Abington is home to several parks and recreational facilities, Penn State Abington, and provides a number of opportunities for enjoying Pennsylvania’s rich history. With a wide range of outdoors and cultural events, it’s wonder long-time residents and first-time visitors alike enjoy all that Abington has to offer. Below are helpful resources that can help individuals to thrive in their own homes as they age:
Commodity Supplemental Food Program (The Senior Food Box)
Supplies a free box of food monthly to seniors who qualify.
Montgomery County Smart 911 Program
An innovative and free program that residents can use to provide information they want first responders to have in the event of an emergency, such as number of people in the household, medical conditions and/or mobility issues and other valuable information to help in the case of an emergency.
Whether the need is for a few hours of home care assistance each week with household work and assistance running errands, or if a chronic condition such as dementia or Alzheimer’s has led to the need for a full-time live-in caregiver, Effraim Home Care provides senior solutions that Abington families trust most. Our full range of personalized in-home care services include, but are not limited to:
- Accompanied transportation to enjoyable outings, medical appointments, etc.
- Friendly companionship
- Alzheimer’s and dementia care
- Help with personal care needs, such as bathing and dressing
- Light housekeeping and assistance with laundry
- Healthy meal planning and preparation
- A full range of home health care services, such as:
- Wound care
- Medical social work services
- Nutrition therapy
- Vital signs monitoring
- Medication management
- Pediatric care
- In-home physical and occupational therapy services
- Adult autism/intellectual disability care services, such as:
- Behavioral specialist, nursing, therapy and caregiver services
- Systematic skill building
- Home and community habilitation and support
- Respite care
- Supported employment services
- And many, many more
All home care services in Abington begin with a free-of-charge in-home consultation, which allows our caregiving team to learn more about an aging adult’s specific needs and care concerns. This helps us provide the best possible solutions to address those needs and improve quality of life through our award-winning home care services in Abington.
Why Families Trust Effraim Home Care Most
Since 2016, Effraim Home Care has provided the Abington area with compassionate, professional, and highly skilled care that makes life the very best it can be for an adult aging at home. The word “Effraim” itself is Hebrew for “being fruitful,” and we’re committed to ensuring that every individual in our care can thrive and enjoy fruitfulness in every season of life.
We achieve this goal by always prioritizing and adhering to our core values of:
- Respect: Understanding that each person is unique, and adapting our care to the individual.
- Excellence: Acting as efficient and effective stewards of our time and resources to offer the best services and outcomes to those we serve.
- Loyalty: We always go the extra mile to ensure that we’re supporting clients, their loved ones, our coworkers and professional partners with excellence.
- Purpose: We believe our purpose in life is to positively impact the lives of others.
Each caregiver on our team, including companions, home health aides, CNAs, LPNs, RNs, physical therapists, occupational therapists, and social workers, has undergone thorough screenings, background checks, and interviews, and receives ongoing trained once a part of the Effraim Home Care family, allowing families to rest assured that their loved ones receive outstanding care.
When You’re Ready to Learn More
Our Abington home care team would love the opportunity to talk with you about the challenges you are facing, and how our home care services in Abington can provide the solution you need, right in the comfort and security of wherever you call home. Call us any time at (215) 826-7422 to request a free in-home consultation.